To view these slides on SlideShare use the following link: Website Optimization Tools and Techniques on SlideShare
It requires 50% more concentration when using badly performing website. Make it easier for your users, not harder…
A faster website can help your website in many ways. The faster the website, the lower the bounce rate and the higher the conversions. This mean higher sales, ad revenue and ultimately money.
10 Ways to Improve Your Websites Speed
Here are 10 ways you can speed up your website:
- Hosting Provider – Who is hosting your website and how are they hosting it?
- Utilize Caching – Page Cache, Database Cache, Object Cache, Browser Cache, Reverse Proxy
- Combine CSS and JS files – Load JS in the footer whenever possible
- Use a CDN -A Content Delivery Network (CDN) will ‘put a rocket behind your static content’
- Reduce and Optimize Images – Use CSS3 whenever and wherever possible, save images for web
- Use Compression – Save bandwidth and speed up your website
- Use Sprites – Load JS in the footer whenever possible
- Monitor Your Website – CPU usage, Physical Memory, Average Load, Disk I/O utilization, Network I/O
- Optimize your Database Regularly – Optimizing database tables regularly will help improve website performance
- Mobile and Tablet Optimization – Use CSS3 Media Queries, JS and service-side technology to speed up devices