Impress.org is a web product development company. We build web products for nonprofits and small businesses to help them succeed online.
Our most successful product is GiveWP.com — a donation plugin for WordPress. The responsibilities of this Intern position will revolve mostly around the GiveWP product.
Give’s Mission is to Democratize Generosity. Give is a WordPress plugin that enables users to accept donations on their WordPress-powered website with flexibility and minimal barrier to entry. Since launching in April 2015, Give has helped 50,000+ nonprofits, individuals, and organizations empower their Cause through online donations.
Who We Are:
Give is a team of A-players who leverage each other’s talents to create products that people love. We enjoy flexible work schedules, competitive salaries, and a flat organization structure where everyone’s opinion matters. We enjoy traveling, having fun, and enjoy coming to work everyday. If you are very personally motivated, self-disciplined, and love working with a fun and hard-working team then keep reading.
We are looking for a motivated and skilled individual to work with and train in all aspects of our social media presence. The Social Media Intern will be learning how to execute the company’s social media strategy, working across key social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn. This role offers the intern a total immersion into a popular WordPress product and brand.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Content Marketing team, to learn about our voice and positioning of our brand on all social media platforms, running and understanding analytics reports and traffic reports and other miscellaneous aspects of managing social media profiles. This role will be instrumental in increasing our social media presence and gaining visibility for our brand among clients and candidates.
- Self-motivated, independent and driven,
- Great communication skills and ability to and check-in regularly.
- Ability to work under pressure & show attention to detail.
- Able to work remotely with high levels of communication and fulfilling expectations.
- Have passion, integrity, a positive attitude, be mission-driven, and self-directed.
- Possess skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management.
- Performs well in an environment that values creativity, flexibility, and variety.
- Familiarity with mainstream social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin etc) and how they are managed.
- Ability to respond to urgent situations with appropriate prioritization.
- Be polished, professional, mature, committed, fearless, flexible, and socially engaging.
- Must be a resilient, nimble and quality-oriented writer, who can vary their style and write engaging copy and article headlines.
- Be able to receive constructive criticism openly and make changes in direction with poise and maturity – this is a team with open and honest communication.
- Be willing and able to commit to a minimum of 3 days per week.
- Able to speak up if questions or problems arise.
- Must be a quick learner and be able to master all social media and digital technology strategies in a short amount of time.
- 3 excellent references from professionals in your field.
- Use social media to engage with a growing and diverse audience.
- Syndicate our content by posting across multiple platforms.
- Keep track of industry-related social trends.
- Write and schedule social media posts in CoSchedule.
- Collaborate with internal departments on projects and assignments.
- Help the Content Marketing team brainstorm, create and deliver social media campaigns.
- Research industry material, news, blogs, articles, posts, etc. with the ability to dissect and summarize findings.
- Other relevant assignments as needed by the Content Marketing team.
- Gain industry-leading experience.
- Work in a fast growing WordPress plugin company.
- Work in a fun, engaging, creative, and supportive environment.
- Enjoy room for future career advancement.
- Gain first-hand involvement in the WordPress community.
- Benefit from mentorship from leaders in social media marketing.
Internship Timeframe and Constraints:
This internship will start on Monday, February 11, 2019 and last until the end of the Spring semester (exact date is flexible, but sometime in May or June).
This position does not lead to a hired position at the end of this internship. New interns will be selected for Summer 2019, and Fall 2019. The Spring Intern is not eligible for the Summer or Fall openings.
Any online resources you can provide that highlight or show your ability to work with these various social media platforms that have your name on them would be excellent. We are also very interested in seeing information that shows you are a hard working and self-motivated learner.
Apply for this Position
If you feel like you would be a good fit for our team in this position please apply.